Thursday, December 5, 2013

Present Yourself a "Living Sacrifice"

I meant to post this November 24th, that first Sunday morning after I started this blog, but I was sick, so it just didn't feel right to post about the importance of attending the worship service when I was unable to attend it.  ;)

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
                                                                                     ~ Rom. 12:1

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) and let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:  not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another:  and so much the more, as ye see the day appearing.
                                                                                      ~ Heb. 10:23-25

Several years ago, I was fairly good friends with someone who decided to stop attending church.  When I admonished her with one of these verses, she said something to the effect of, "You and I have different paradigms" and dismissed my concerns.  My dear friends, I believe we need to be much, much more careful than that with the word of God!  

Hopefully I will "gussy up" this post a little later, but in the interest of focusing my own thoughts on the Bible this morning, I thought I would go ahead and post the key thought of my blogpost:  unless you are sick, it is your reasonable service to attend a worship service on Sunday morning.  We cannot expect life to go right if we are not honoring this basic principle.          

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment